Click on an image or text to go to the corresponding website.
AVRAMIS MANAGEMENT, LLC, Landlord, hereby leases Apartment/house number __________ located at:
________________________________________________________,Ithaca, NY to the above named tenants for twelve (12) months minus 9 days for maintenance. Lease commences at 2:00 P.M. on __________________________________ 2021 and ending at 8:00 AM on ____________________________2022_. This lease shall remain in force until the end of the term specified unless sooner terminated by landlord as set forth in this Lease Agreement. The premises shall be used by _____________person/people and no one other than those specified above shall inhabit the premises without the written consent of the Landlord. No tenant shall stay beyond the term of this lease for any reason. Tenancy after lease term, will result in a minimum of 1/30 (computed daily) of total monthly rent per premise. The above named tenants agree to the following lease terms:
Rent is $________per month, payable in full without deduction or offset including time designated for cleaning. Rent is due on the 1st day of each calendar month in advance, after the 10TH; there is a 5% penalty. Late fee is determined by the postmark on the envelope or the day that the check is dropped off at the office. Tenant may leave with Landlord, post dated checks for advance rent and they will be cashed as due. This will ensure no late fees. Any returned checks are subject to a 10% penalty. Landlord has the right to subtract these charges from the security deposit if not paid by tenant during term of lease. Installment payments are for the tenant’s convenience. If tenant breaches this lease, tenant will also pay all legal and court fees. We do not send out bills for the rents, it is tenants' responsibility to send in the money for the rent by the due date.
- ******* Checks are to be made payabletoBILL AVRAMIS, acting member of Avramis Management LLC, with your house/apt number in memo. Checks may be mailed or dropped off to the above address.
- Advance rent and Security Deposit required: $_____________________, which is the LAST three months rent, and one month’s Security Deposit. Security Deposit can NOT be used as a month’s rent and is NON-REFUNDABLE if lease is broken.
a. Security deposit due upon signing Amount $_____________________________
b. First month of 2021 due upon signing Amount $____________________________
c. Second months’ rent due the FIRST day of _____________2021 Amount $_____________________________
d. Dumpster Fee of $250 per person - separate check due w/ 1st mo. rent Amount $___________________________
5. Utilities: Landlord shall furnish: Heat _________ Water/Sewer ________ Electric __________ Cooking Gas _________
Tenant shall furnish: Heat ________ Water/Sewer _______ Electric __________ Cooking Gas ________
TENANT IS TO PICK UP KEYS MONDAY THRU FRIDAY FROM 2 TO 4 PM , ON WORKING DAYS, HOLIDAYS EXCLUDED.
It is tenants responsibility to make arrangements for key pick up if it’s after hours or a weekend.
It is tenant’s responsibility to call NYSEG and arrange for the heat, electric or gas, at 1-800-572-1111 if tenant pays utilities one month prior to move in. Service is to be put into tenant’s name and turned on when lease begins and turned off when lease expires. Cable, television, and internet are to be arranged for, and paid by tenant If Landlord pays for the utilities in the apartment, Tenant must turn off any electrical appliances, including lights, fans, and space heaters, when NOT in the apartment. Where tenant pays for water, the bill will be in the landlord’s name but forwarded on to tenant for payment.
6. Tenant or Sublettor, under NO circumstances, may not enter into house/apartment before contracted date and time of lease
7. Tenant agrees to maintain apartment/house in a neat, clean and orderly condition, as to the Landlord’s reasonable liking. If covenant is breached; Landlord may give tenant 24-hour notice to comply. If tenant fails to do so, Landlord may enter premises, clean, and charge tenant a minimum of $35 per hour for cleaning services. If tenant continues to breach this covenant then Landlord may have the tenant evicted, with tenant liable for any remaining rent. It is suggested that tenant provide and use a fully encased-zippered mattress cover to prevent damage to mattress.
There are to be no large gatherings on the premise. We understand there will be get togethers, however, please keep your property clean and respect your neighbors.
8. Tenant may NOT change OR install locks at premise. Any problems with keys if picked up after business hours will have to wait until the next business day. There is a $10 deposit for each stamped key given that will be returned upon return of stamped keys with security deposit. Duplicate keys will not be accepted unless stamped with house number or bedroom number.
9. All portable a/c’s are to be removed from the windows on or before Nov. 1st and they are not to be put back into windows before May 1st.
10. Tenant may not tamper with, alter or disconnect the power supply of any smoke or heat detection device. A minimum charge of $200.00 will be made against any tenant who violates this clause. Disconnecting smoke or heat detection devices constitutes illegal behavior. No candles are to be burnt inside premise.
11. During heating season to prevent pipes from freezing, thermostats are to be set at a minimum of 65 degrees. During extreme cold weather or during breaks, thermostats may be set at a temperature above 65 degrees that landlord feels will justify pipes from freezing. Any heat problems are to be reported to the office IMMEDIATELY. At NO time during this lease of the premise if tenant pays for heat is the heat to be shut off during the months of September to May. If done, tenant will pay a $500 charge plus ALL damages caused by the turn off.
12. Any service calls, at tenant’s request, done after 4PM or on weekends or holidays which are NOT emergencies, a $75 minimum charge will be imposed, payable at the time of service. During business hours, Monday-Friday, except holidays, from 8:00am – 4PM, if tenant is locked out, he or she may borrow a key from the office and there will be no charge for service. If locked out of bedroom and it’s after hours, you’ll have to wait until next business day for you to pick up a key, or call a locksmith at YOUR expense or pay a $75 fee for maintenance, if they are available, to unlock for you.
13. Grease, oil, coffee grounds, fibrous materials or tampons, condoms, large wads of toilet paper, paper towels must NOT be flushed down toilets or drains. Tenant is responsible for the cost for blockage or overflow to sewage or drainpipes from these causes, or any other things flushed down toilets or drains. Caustic substance (Drano, Liquid-Plumber, etc.) must not be flushed down toilets or drains. Tenant is responsible for providing their own plungers and plunging toilets if they become clogged. If after you plunge the toilet and if this does not correct the problem, then call the office during office hours. After 4:30pm Call Drain Brain 607-216-4918 at YOUR expense. Water leaks and running toilets need to be reported immediately to office. Tenant will pay the dollar difference based on the previous readings if landlord pays for water. Where tenant pays water, tenant is liable for all leaks and running toilets.
14. All porches, lawns and hallways are to remain clean and free of debris. On houses or apartments with porches, it will be the tenants’ responsibility to have all debris picked from the lawns and porches on a daily basis prior to 8:00am. If landlord has to clean up or remove any debris there will be a minimum fee of $100 charged for each occurrence or each article removed.
15. Tenant(s) shall not obstruct or litter the halls, stairs, porches, walks or yards. Tenant is not to GO OUT ON ANYroofs or fire escapesor place furniture on any roof or minimum fine of $500.00 per incident per person will be imposed. Furniture inside the premise may not be taken outside premise, even on porches. Any punched or kicked in doors there is a minimum charge of $500 per door.
16. Garbage must be bagged and tied and placed inside the dumpster not on the ground or a $100 fee will be charged. Where garbage is picked up, tenants shall store garbage in sealed plastic bags and put in designated area. Tenants agree to abide by City of Ithaca recycling and garbage regulations. Tenants shall be liable for City fines imposed on Landlord for violations of garbage/recycling regulations, and/or any fees endured by Landlord for clean-up.
17. NO animals of any sort are allowed in the apartment/house or building at anytime. Animals found on premises will be removed and taken by the SPCA. A minimum charge of $500.00, along with a fine of $100 per day that animal is in premise.. Tenant will be responsible for all professional cleaning needed because of the animal. This presents an unreasonable risk of liability with insurance.
18. Tenant shall not play musical instruments, radio, TV or stereo loud enough to be heard by other tenants or neighbors. Tenant agrees to respect the rights of his neighbors and roommates. Tenant may NOT play music outdoors.
19. Landlord does not provide screens or shades or curtains other than those now existing in the apartment/house. Landlord does NOT replace burned out light bulbs OTHER than fluorescent lights. If you would like us to replace the bulbs that you have purchased, we will do so during business hours.
20. Major appliances, including air conditioners, not provided by the Landlord, may NOT be used without prior written permission from the Landlord. All approved A/C units must be removed from windows by November 1st and not put in windows before May 1st.
21. Tenants will pay all damages to premises, appliances and furnishing caused by them, his guests or others not under the Landlord’s. Tenant represents and warrants for themselves, guests and visitors that they will not commit or allow in the building: any unsafe or disorderly act, any illegal or unlawful activity, illegal goods, entrance onto the building roof, other materials forbidden by prevailing laws and ordinances, alcohol kegs of any size or type, consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons under 21 years of age, illegal use, distribution, sale, possession or manufacture of controlled substances, dangerous, hazardous or highly flammable materials including but not limited to weapons, firearms, BB guns, explosives, hazardous chemicals or propane tanks, any act of physical violence to persons or property.
22. The apartment/house shall be used as living quarters only for the tenants named on this lease. Number of tenants is based on the number of bedrooms. There will be an additional charge of $300/monthly for each additional person occupying the premises for more than five days per month or an extra person added.
23. Tenant must obtain Landlord’s written permission to assign or sublet the apartment/house, which shall not be withheld unreasonably or arbitrarily. Sublettor’s must be Cornell Students. All rent and parking money must be current from original tenant before subletting will be allowed. The tenant named on the lease remains responsible for the term of this lease while subletting. The Security Deposit will not be refunded until the end of the lease term. Landlord recommends that tenant obtain a Security Deposit from Sublettor.
24. The Landlord may terminate the lease agreement for tenant’s non-payment of rent or utility charges or for habitual late payment or unacceptable and/or illegal behavior, continual garbage violations, or animal found on premise. If Landlord elects to terminate this lease, tenant must vacate the premises immediately after notice.
25. Landlord shall not be liable for any loss or damage to tenant(s) property caused by fire, theft, water or rain or other causes unless due to Landlord’s negligence. It is suggested that tenant(s) purchase Renter’s Insurance or check with parents on their home owners insurance.
26. Tenant shall remove all personal property at the end of the Lease term. Any items left after the termination by the outgoing tenant or before lease begins by the incoming tenant, without prior permission from the Landlord will be deemed abandoned, and the Landlord may remove, store and/or dispose of the same as it sees fit. Landlord is not responsible for any harm on items left in premise.
27. Parking is NOT included in this lease. If tenant desires parking a separate lease needs to be signed. If tenant decides to rent parking and payment is not made in full; payment may be deducted from the apt/house security deposit. If you renew lease, you will need to renew parking. Unauthorized vehicles parking in parking areas, driveways or lawns, etc., at any time, without prior permission will incur a fine of a minimum of $100.00 per episode.
28. The apartment/house will come furnished with a bed, dresser, desk and chair for each student, living room furniture, dining table/ chairs. Tenant may NOT remove any of these furnishings from the apartment/house. Tenants may arrange with the Landlord for removal and storage of unwanted furnishings, at the signing of the lease, or before lease begins for a no charge. The cost of removal of furnishings for tenant after move in will be a minimum of $100.00 per person per time.
29. Correspondence may be given by e-mail. If your e-mail address changes, please notify the office immediately.
30. If lease is executed by more than one person as tenants, ALL persons named shall be bound to the lease terms JOINTLY and SEVERALLY.
31. Landlord, manager or workpeople may enter the demised premises, for the purpose of, inspections, repairs, or maintenance at reasonable hours, whether or not the Tenants’ are present. Tenants not obeying clauses in this lease will be inspected on a monthly basis to check for any problems or damage to premise. Landlord will make a reasonable effort to notify Tenants before inspections.
32. After tenant(s), signs lease and pay their deposit and then tenant decides to default on the lease and if landlord needs to re-rent premise it will be the responsibility of the tenant to pay one month’s rent for this service, along with any difference on the re-rent price and any months or partial months that the premise goes un-rented.
33. Rental season will begin when demand starts. If tenant knows he/she want to renew their lease, they are to notify the Landlord immediately and if premise is still not rented, premise will be taken off the market. Premise will be shown Monday thru Friday from noon until 7PM. On Saturdays showing will be 1pm to 4pm. Sunday showings by appointment only. We will not send out Individual notices on showings. You may call the office and ask showing times but remember we will have walk-ins who may want to see it then. A clean house/apartment and with your cooperation your place will rent fast!!! The faster we rent, the sooner you will not have us going through the apartment/house.
TENANT(S) WAIVE ALL RIGHTS OF HAVING 60 DAY NOTICE (#258-3) BEFORE RENTING.
34. This Lease is signed by YOU, the tenant(s). All correspondence needs to come from thetenant, NOT a third party.
35. This is the entire agreement between the parties; there are no representations or agreements other than the Security Deposit
Agreement noted on the last page. Changes in this lease are effective only if in writing and signed by both parties. Tenant agrees Landlord may correct typographical and clerical errors in this lease agreement. If any term in this lease is found to be null or void, it shall not affect the validity of any other terms in this lease. Tenant agrees that he has had ample opportunity to read this lease, understands its provisions, believes them to be fair and reasonable, and agrees to comply with each such provision. Each tenant has received their own copy of this lease.
36. If tenant breaches this lease, tenant will pay all legal fees and court costs. All court dealings must be dealt with in Tompkins County.
37. It’s tenants’ responsibility to put their names on their mailboxes and leave forwarding addresses for mail carrier when leaving.
This lease is hereby executed and entered into this ___________________day of _________________2020.
THE HOUSE/APT IS RENTED IN AN “AS IS CONDITION”, TENANT IS TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE BASEMENT & ATTIC ARE NOT HABITABLE SPACES AND IS FOR THE LANDLORD’S USE ONLY; FOR THE FURNACE, WATER TANK AND LANDLORD’S STORAGE.
SECURITY DEPOSIT AGREEMENT
Tenant agrees that this security deposit may NOTbe applied by the tenant as rent, and that the full monthly rent will be paid on or before the rent due date of every month including the last month due. At all times, Landlord is entitled to have the full amount of the security deposit stated in this lease. Deposit will be held in a savings account at the Tompkins Trust Bank or M&T Bank in Ithaca, N.Y.
Return of the security deposit is subject to the following provisions:
Full term of the lease has expired and all tenants have vacated the premises. If any tenant sublets from the next tenant, security deposit will be returned one month after termination of sublease and inspection of premises.
- No unreasonable damage to property, appliances, and furnishings beyond reasonable wear and tear.
- Entire apartment, including stove, refrigerator, cupboards, bathroom, closets, inside of windows, blinds, and carpets (shampooed if stained), are cleaned and returned to Landlord in a condition allowing for new tenant to move in, and that would not require additional cleaning on the part of Landlord or his agents. A minimum charge of $35 per hour will be charged should the premises need cleaning. All unwanted debris is too handled as stated in line 14.
- No stickers, tape, fun tacks, nails, markers, scratches, posters, or shelves on walls. Tenant may use 3M Velcro with the pull tab or 3M hooks with the pull tab, in order for the tenant to safely remove them safely without damaging wall/paint.
- No delinquent rents or unpaid charges under the lease agreement. Landlord does not have to give interest on 6 dwelling units or more if tenant is late on rent, or breaches any of these covenants.
- All stamped keys, as designated in clause #11, are to be returned to the office on or before the day of lease termination or Landlord has the option of changing locks at tenant’s expense or deducting $10 for each key missing.
- All furniture is returned to location as at start of lease.
- *****Securities will be mailed in a self-addressed stamped envelope left or mailed to the office by the tenant one month after termination of lease or after this date when envelope is received and all tenants or sub-tenants have vacated property and all keys are returned. It is not the Landlord’s obligation to search for tenant’s address or to write out envelope.
- 203, 205 and 207 Linden will have the last water bill deducted from the security deposit. We will estimate from the previous quarter bill.
ALL DISPUTES ON RETURNED SECURITY DEPOSITS MUST BE EMAILED OR HANDWRITTEN TO GIVE TIME TO RESEARCH AND THEY WILL BE HANDLED IN THE ORDER THAT THEY ARE RECEIVED. NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED. ANY DISPUTES ON RETURNED SECURITIES MUST BE TAKEN CARE OF WITHIN 30 DAYS OF SECURITY DEPOSIT BEING RECEIVED. AFTER 30 DAYS, ACCOUNT WILL BE CLOSED.
If any of the above conditions are NOTcomplied with, an applicable fine or cost of labor and materials will be charged.
The security deposit check will be returned by mail in a self addressed stamped envelopePROVIDED by the TENANT.
Landlord will give interest on security deposit, where six (6) units or more exist in the building. However, Landlord need not give tenant interest on the security deposit if the tenant has not fully performed any clause on this lease.
Tenant agrees upon signing this lease, that they have no need for an emotional support animal for the term of this lease.
Tenant acknowledges understanding this agreement and has received a signed copy of this lease.
Tenants: 1. ______________________________________ 7. _________________________________________________
2.______________________________________________ 8. _________________________________________________
3. _____________________________________________ 9. __________________________________________________
4. _____________________________________________ 10. ___________________________________________________
5._____________________________________________ 11. ___________________________________________________
If you sublet, we are NOT responsible for any cleaning that needs to be done when your sublettor moves out and you move in. ALL, if any, cleaning that needs to be done will be done during the 7 day grace period before your lease begins. It will be YOUR responsibility to make sure that your sublettor has the place cleaned for YOU. YOU ARE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CREATED FROM THE SUBLETTOR, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SECURITY DEPOSIT(S).